Sunday 9 December 2007

Virgin Blog

I have finally got around to persuading myself that I have to make my first blog entry. I have been toying with the idea of having a blog for sometime now and did try and set one up a couple of weeks ago, but failed. But last week my son came down (or up) from London, I’m not quite sure of the term, and sorted everything out very quickly. It was a bit too quickly for me as I then didn’t know what to say, but I have now jumped in with both feet deciding that as no one knows I have a blog yet I can say what I like and it doesn’t matter. I am not quite sure when I will tell anyone but that will work itself out as well. I have been very busy of late (who hasn’t I hear you say) with classes, my own stitching and of course the seasonal Christmas cards. I have been wondering what photos will accompany this first blog so maybe here I will add a handmade card or two. They are very simple cards as you will see, but I make so many that simple is the way to go for me.
The first one is stitched:-
And the second one is using organza on felt and burning with a soldering iron.

I have also been making postcards, the fabric kind, although I should really call them mailable Art! I am really enjoying this and have joined an international postcard exchange group. Everyone seems so nice, some are new to postcards and some have made many of them and been involved with other postcard swaps. I received my first postcard from one of the members this week, it was brilliant and I will get around to taking a photo and putting it on one day soon.
I am becoming a bit of a techno Granny as I have also joined some of the Yahoo groups. It is a different world out there that I have only recently discovered, one of the members of my postcard exchange group has told me of a couple and that has led me to looking at more.I will tell you all about them at a later date, you need to be wanting more!

I am now going to publish this little epic and see how it all looks, I may have to emigrate after publication but such is life. Lets just hope it all works.

2 comments:

Fannie said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! Bravo! Creating a blog that the entire world will see can be intimidating at first. It was for me, but after posting for a while, it became easier. I hope the same for you.

I love your cards. Great job!

I look forward to being a part of your journey. Thanks for sharing.

Fannie

Helen said...

welcome to the blogging world :) looking forward to seeing your finished doll (fifi is impressive isn't she)