Sunday 6 January 2008

Inspire me

I spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday with friends at an informal meeting of my local Embroiderers Guild. One of the members gave us a demonstration and loads of information on using a lucet to make cords with. I really enjoy making these cords as they turn out square, which makes a change. I haven’t made any for quite a while and it inspired me to search out my own lucet and some ribbons to have a go again.
This is what I need, inspiration, to get me going again. I find the period after the holidays difficult to get moving with things. I think it is because we have all had a purpose and worked towards it with enthusiasm getting all the details of Christmas and New Year just right for everyone, and then…………… it’s done!

What next. I will let you know. I am working on a couple of projects.

But here I thought I would show you a couple of the postcards that I sent out to members of my postcard exchange group before Christmas.

The photo's are not my best, I used my indigo dyed fabric with fabric prints of stitches and stitching equipment. I have another ten postcards to make and send.
Both of these flew off to America and both landed safely. I will post a couple more soon.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Happy New Year Stephanie. Sorry not to have seen you at the Informal yesterday - we'd had a three hour committee meeting in the morning and I just needed to get home!
Congratulations to your son and his offer of a place at Peterhouse. You must be feeling very proud.
Gina x

Julie said...

Hi Stephanie, thank you for the warning about Vistaprint, I will keep a close eye on it. I had a feeling there would be a catch. Congratulations to your son for his place at Cambridge.
I've met Gina at the NEC last year and she's going to come up to see me soon. She's a lovely lady. I will be looking in at your blog from now on.

Locket Pocket said...

Hi Stephanie, thanks for joining my swap. Could you send me your email address so I can give you the extra info? My address is on my profile page. Thanks, Lucy