Saturday 16 February 2008

Sold and tagged

Fannie has tagged me! I found out by checking out her blog, which I really like to do regularly as she usually has some interesting posts and also some delightful work to show everyone, do call in here if you have a moment. She has said she is going to email me with the rules so I will let you know all about that as soon as I get the word.

The good news is that ‘Fallen Leaves’ one of the small wall hangings I showed you in my last post has SOLD. The bad news is I will never see it again. It’s always a strange feeling for me when a piece sells, I don’t suppose this one was too bad as it was only 14” x 8” but it’s still like loosing part of me. Here it is again for just one last look.


'Textiles in Focus' at Cottenham was certainly very popular and New Horizons Textile Group's exhibition was very well received, even I was amazed at all the work we produced this time. The place was buzzing with lots to look at, lots to buy and loads of workshops all fully booked. Setting up is always tiring but we had it all done and were away home by 3.00pm on the Thursday and back there by 9.30am Friday morning to do the fine tuning before opening time at 10.00. Within minutes we had visitors and interesting conversation about the exhibition. It is a real chance for us to study our own work while it is hanging and also to appreciate other members work; which we usually only see briefly at our fortnightly meetings. It is also a chance to look at other groups work. 'Out of the Fold', an Essex based group was also exibiting their work. I really enjoyed looking at the work they had on display. Some of the work I had seen and admired before but as always there were new pieces to look at. I am back stewarding again tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Fannie said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! Is the postcard you sent me a smaller version? It's wonderful. Bravo!

You were tagged. ;-D The rules are on my post. Feel free to do a copy/paste--if you decide to participate. No obligation.

I thought it was a great opportunity to showcase you as an artist, and your wonderful work.

Fannie

Kate North said...

This is a lovely piece - I'm not surprised it sold. Congratulations.