Thursday 26 June 2008

Deadline

The deadline for sending off the mini quilt for Kate’s ‘Another Little Quilt Swap’ is 1st July and I knew I was sailing close to the wind as I kept finding other things to do. This week was hopefully set aside to finish some of the ‘little’ things that have piled up on my workroom desk. Once I had decided on the design and taken another few hours to choose the fabrics I felt much better and started cutting out. I did not want to hurry this little quilt and I decided to make it fairly small. Mostly because I really like this design produced in a small format. Here is a small corner again.







Here we are on Thursday and I have now finished the quilt, which is measured with the binding on at 15” high and 12” wide. This is quite a small piece and would have been much easier and quicker to make in a larger size but I think this challenge is quite special so I wanted to make a special quilt for my partner. It is also a challenge to ‘go small’ and I really love the finished quilt in fact I am tempted to keep it. So here is all of it.


Don’t worry partner, as this quilt will be on its way to you before the end of the day. I won’t make a guess to how long it will take to get to you as that may give you a clue as to who may receive it. I can only say sorry that as I am one of the last to mail my parcel, you will be one of the last to receive their mini quilt.

7 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Wow Stephanie! That is a beautiful quilt - and so neat and perfect! Your partner is very lucky!

Lucy x

Gina said...

Wow! That is amazing Stephanie. I can't believe it is so small and perfect.

Kitty said...

That is a stunning mini-quilt: I'm not surprised you feel like keeping it. I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled. x

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, very lucky partner!!!

sophie said...

It's ME . . . I am the lucky girl who received this wonderful little quilt. Thank you so much for sharing your creative vision with me. And thank you for the lovely package of handdyed fabrics, too. I love them all.

Kelly said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Can I ask what pattern you used?

Unknown said...

WHAT A LOVELY COLOUR YOU'VE CHOOSE