Sunday 22 February 2009

A finish and more bags

I have finally finished quilting another quilt. This one was started about two years ago and was layered and pinned ready for quilting but because I was busy at the time it was popped in a drawer and like a lot of things, out of sight is out of mind, it was therefore forgotten. But a reminder came when I realised that I was teaching the ‘Card Trick’ block in class next week. So I dug it out and decided that it would make a good teaching sample. Simple free machine quilting finished this one off and made a space in the drawer which I promptly filled with another couple of tops that maybe will be quilted sometime…………………


‘A Christmas card trick'


And a detail photo.



Talking of finishing, I really must show you the rest of the bags I made with the BQL monthly challenge for 2008.

The month of June’s had lots of flying geese and a really nice wide base; I popped a couple of pockets in this one.





Here’s July’s, which was not my favourite but ideal for keeping your knitting in as it was a rather deep bag.






And this is August’s, which I really didn’t like making and liked even less when I had finished it. It was a simple clutch bag pattern and once again Kandy from BQL made the instructions quite clear but it wasn't my personal preference.



Only three more to show you all.

No comments: